Sunday, December 18, 2011

Loop Wreath


I've been meaning to make this wreath since last year, so I'm glad I finally got it done!  I saw it in an idea book called  Simply Handmade from December/January 2010. 

The first thing I did was purchase a 12 inch foam wreath from a craft store.  I painted it a dark evergreen color.  In hindsight, I probably could have skipped this step because you don't see any part of the foam wreath once you've applied the paper loops.
While the paint was drying, I took my two-sided scrapbook paper and cut 100 1x6 strips.

This pictures shows the two different sides.  I chose Christmas-themed paper.
After cutting the strips, I inked the edges of my paper using a CTMH ink pad.  I chose to ink using a green ink pad, but I think brown or even a red would have looked just as good.

When the paint had finally dried, I added ribbon looped and tied in to a bow for hanging.  I also used hot glue to hold it in place.
Finally, I could start making loops with my strips.  I pinned them in place with straight pins.  I found that it worked easier if I pushed the pin through the loop and the wreath at the same time rather than pushing it through the paper first and then the wreath.  I also had to use a thimble after a while because my finger got a little sore.
Start pinning the loops in the inside part of the wreath first.  Alternate colors and patterns.

Pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design