Monday, August 30, 2010

Washcloth "Lollipop" Bouquet

One of my good friends is about to have her baby any day now.  We are so excited because our boys will have a new playmate.  Since her baby's arrival is right around the corner, I was thinking about what I wanted to bring to the hospital when we go to visit them.  When I had my boys, friends and family brought flowers, plants, balloons, etc.  When we got home, I did not have the time or energy to water the plants I received, so I decided that I did want to bring a bouquet, but this bouquet was going to be made out of something my friend could use (and didn't have to water ;)...WASHCLOTHS! 

Yesterday, after we got home from another friend's baby dedication, I got to work.  (Daddy was home so he could watch the babies for a little while.)  I rolled washcloths into "flowers" and secured them with pearl-studded floral pins.  I covered the "flowers" with lollipop wrappers, inserted a lollipop stick and tied them with a ribbon.  Each flower lollipop is embellished with a charm (blue pacifiers, bottles, rattles, onesie charms, rubber ducks, etc.) and was placed in a terra cotta pot tied with a cute "It's a BOY" ribbon.  Of course, I had to take a pic and send it to my mom to see if I had gone overboard with the cutsie stuff.  We brainstormed a couple of things to add not necessarily change.  I think I will paint the pot next time.  Check back for more pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design by Peachy Keen Design